Saturday, February 18, 2012

Quick wall art project (summer 2011)

4' x 6' wall art that came together quickly and relatively inexpensively
The wall in my kitchen between the front door and a window was a strange void. I tried hanging a large, framed print there for awhile but it looked puny in that wide space. I wanted more color, but with a big mural on the next wall, I didn't want to make the room too busy. And patterns kept catching my eye - I wondered if there was something I could do with an interesting fabric, like stretch it over some canvas strips.


Then I was walking through World Market one night and saw some cloth napkins on sale. They were so pretty and cheap, and I could not decide which pattern I liked best. Then I wondered - could I choose a bunch and then frame them? Next I headed to IKEA and picked up some of their frames, which are always a good deal.


I expected to space these out a bit, but liked the effect when they were pulled flush. It's clean, cheery and covers a lot of area.


Time to complete: 1 hr + shopping time
Approximate cost: $130

No comments:

Post a Comment